1. Harvesting your own honey from your own backyard, produced by your own bees, is the main reason why many beekeepers find their hobby rewarding.
2. Pollinating the fruit trees and vegetables grown in your own garden is probably the second common reason for keeping bees.
3. Helping the environment can be another reason. Most of the fruit and vegetables we eat are pollinated by bees. Without bees and their hard work, many crops struggle and some would disappear.
4. Many beekeepers find their activity helps them relax from the stress of daily modern life. The slower pace that needs to be adopted when around bees, transition the beekeeper in a much more relaxed space.
5. If you want to keep bees to make money you are probably on the wrong track. When you weigh up the time and work involved and the return, please be assured - this is definitely not the best way to make money.